This position is only open to current Learning Assistance Center (LAC) tutors.
- Improve your computer and data analysis skills.
- Work in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes development of your communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Enhance your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Gain experience that will enhance your resume.
- Join the LAC's friendly, talented, and diverse staff.
- Collect, enter and manage attendance data for students, tutors, tutoring sessions and learning/computer lab sessions, as well as for skills taught during sessions.
- Maintain database network; troubleshoot and solve basic networking problems; perform file maintenance.
- Actively assist students and staff in using the database and providing accurate and usable data.
- Assist with payroll, record keeping, and general office duties.
- Work cooperatively with staff to generate regular reports and analyze data.
- Perform additional tasks necessary for efficient operation of the center.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation.
- Tutor a minimum of three hours per week in Reading/Writing/Study Skills or Math/Sciences/ Study Skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Maturity, good judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
- Upper division or graduate ranking, and in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Experience and/or training working with a multicultural undergraduate student population preferred.
- Previous database management and/or office experience preferred and good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, File Maker, and Word required.
- Experience troubleshooting PCs and basic networking problems.
- Must be qualified and willing to tutor 3 hours per week in addition to managing the database.
- Must be available to continue in the position 15-18 hours per week.
Unofficial transcripts and a cover letter must be submitted with the job application. Only complete applications will be considered.
Time M - TH: 9-4, F: 9-12 (and by arrangement).
7-8 hours per week minimum. Must be available in blocks of 3-4 hours.
Available: For on campus student assistant or work study.