Applicants eligible for tutoring positions may, in addition, apply for this position.
- Work in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes development of your communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Enhance your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Gain experience that will enhance your resume.
- Join the Learning Assistance Center's (LAC) friendly, talented, and diverse staff.
- Welcome students to the Learning Assistance Center.
- Work effectively with SF State's multicultural student population to screen students' requests for support at the Learning Assistance Center and to refer them to other campus services when appropriate.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Assist with scheduling, record keeping, e-mail communication, payroll, and general office duties.
- Act as an informational liaison between LAC coordinators and tutors for effective staff communication.
- Work cooperatively with staff to perform additional tasks necessary for efficient operation of the center.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Maturity, good judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
- Upper division ranking, at least the second year of attendance at SF State, and in good academic standing.
- Experience and/or training working with a multicultural undergraduate student population preferred.
- Previous receptionist and/or office experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail.
Unofficial transcripts and a cover letter must be submitted with the job application. Only complete applications will be considered.
Time M - TH: 9-4 and F: 9-12. 7-8 hours per week minimum.
Must be available in time blocks of 3-4 hours.
Available: For on campus student assistant or work study.