You are welcome to refer students to the LAC who you think would benefit from extra support in your class. If you'd like to refer a student, use the Referral Form for Faculty to describe the areas and skills you feel the student needs to work on to succeed in your course. If you are referring a student for help with writing, please encourage the student to bring a sample of their writing, with your comments, and a copy of the prompt. Your information helps us determine how best to place and work with the student.
Introducing Resources to Your Classes
- Recommend our services to your students.
- Invite us to come speak with your class about the services we provide.
- Mention us in your syllabus.
- Give bonus points/extra credit to students for conferring with a tutor.
- Require individual students with particular needs to visit us.
- Make a Learning Assistance Center (LAC) visit part of your assignment.
The LAC faculty supports SF State instructors across disciplines. Among other things, we can visit your classes to
- teach lessons on individual writing tasks, from paragraph organization to APA citation skills
- help you design or redesign writing assignments
- assist with peer review
- support new instructors in giving effective feedback to multilingual writers
The LAC staff will be happy to visit your class to introduce campus tutoring services to your students. Please contact us at 338-1993 or at email@example.com to discuss your class goals and to set up a convenient time to visit.